So I googled the Vaio. Sony sold off the division but someone still makes Vaio laptops. They are also still super expensive.

View attachment 2338637
Need help from you my experienced chicken-ey friends. I posted this in the emergencies, medical thread but I trust you guys.
I am mildly freaked out - only mildly as everyone is running around as normal except Maggie who is in the nest box but this wasn't warm when I picked it up so I don't think she just laid it.
What is it? Should I worry? Let me know if this link doesn't take you to my post on the emergencies forum.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...nest-box-should-i-worry-icky-picture.1416460/
You are getting good advice. The girls & I are rooting for you. :hugs

I may not be quite as communicative as usual for a few days. My main computer has died and I need to build another out of the bits I've got. It hasn't take very long in the past but this time I'm trying to rescue/resurrect a Linux based hard drive and I haven't done this before.
I'm on my old laptop at the moment and it works by sending smoke signals. Needless to mention it's painfully slow and uploading picture sends it cowering into a corner.
So, I haven't died; or a tleast I hope that will be the case, and I'm not having a hissy fit either.
You can pull the drive and put it in the new case (if a desktop) and it becomes a second (slave) drive. alternately you can put it into an external case that uses the USB interface and use as an external storage drive and afterwards use it for backups ( everybody makes back ups right :lau

You can pull the drive and put it in the new case (if a desktop) and it becomes a second (slave) drive. alternately you can put it into an external case that uses the USB interface and use as an external storage drive and afterwards use it for backups ( everybody makes back ups right :lau
The drives were running in RAID mode.
You can do SATA to USB but you need to power the drive separately.
Unless you're doing heavyweight tasks like video editing etc USB class 2 speeds are more than adequate. USB 3 is okay for fast data transfer, but a decent Sata SSD drive is a far better option for game etc.
Everyone who knows anything about computers makes backups.;)
All my music files, pictures and documents are backed up x3, or the original plus two clones if that makes sense. None are backed up to so called cloud storage.
Hard drives are very cheap compared to replacing 2300 full audio albums for example.

Does everyone here name their chickens?
i seem to be unable to decide on names for them. I do have a “Buffy” and a “Chicken Little”, but the rest, I just can’t seem to think of names that stick.
I had named all of mine but I only remember four now :( . It doesn'thelp they are all the same breed. The four I remember are a little different than their sisters. I also started with ten LOL

The drives were running in RAID mode.
You can do SATA to USB but you need to power the drive separately.
Unless you're doing heavyweight tasks like video editing etc USB class 2 speeds are more than adequate. USB 3 is okay for fast data transfer, but a decent Sata SSD drive is a far better option for game etc.
Everyone who knows anything about computers makes backups.;)
All my music files, pictures and documents are backed up x3, or the original plus two clones if that makes sense. None are backed up to so called cloud storage.
Hard drives are very cheap compared to replacing 2300 full audio albums for example.
Sounds like a great setup in a lot of ways.

Need help from you my experienced chicken-ey friends. I posted this in the emergencies, medical thread but I trust you guys.
I am mildly freaked out - only mildly as everyone is running around as normal except Maggie who is in the nest box but this wasn't warm when I picked it up so I don't think she just laid it.
What is it? Should I worry? Let me know if this link doesn't take you to my post on the emergencies forum.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...nest-box-should-i-worry-icky-picture.1416460/

Big hugs RC, thinking of you. :hugs

It's sad that computers get so out paced by software demands and there is nothing you can do to upgrade the components that do still work. Taking the Microsoft stuff of probably bought you years more usage out of it.

I switched to a tablet from a laptop years ago because of weight. I just was forced to replace one that was 3 years old because the latest operating system upgrade was bigger in size than the core storage on the unit, 32 GB! I could not figure out why it essentially stopped responding to me one day. I identified that something which was "unclassified" was taking up all my storage. I got support on the phone and after 30 minutes I finally got them to admit it was the operating system. The tablet worked perfectly great until that point and then it was trash. Such a waste.

I figure at the price I paid I am spending about $150 a year on just internet equipment. Amazing.
Phyllis uses Bob's old laptop for her "Beak Book" work!

Has Tsuki stopped laying? Lucy still pops a couple out every so often and she’s nearly 4 1/2.
She occasionally pops out an egg...I think. Deana and Tsuki both lay white eggs so I can't be sure who lays it unless I see them or if they leave a telltale feather behind. :confused:

Tsuki was showing interest in the nesting box this morning so perhaps she is thinking about it.

Back
Top Bottom