It gets so windy and the snow is so deep here in the winter that I got up this morning and made some seasonal walls for the pen this year. Hope it works!
20201017_125531_HDR.jpg

Here's what one looks like installed
20201017_130249.jpg

Thank you everyone for the best wishes for Tap. I'm not entirely sure why I worry. I've had chickens living in the trees here before and they were fine. It was the combination of anger and surprise and having a routine broken.
Anyway, this is where she was. I must have walked right past her within three meters or so at least half a dozen times while I searched for her. Not quite high enough but not bad for a first attempt.
PA170073.jpeg

A few steps back and you can see what I mean. She was in the small tree on the right in the picture below.
PA170072.jpeg

Covid is teaching me that the list of people I need to have in person connections with is much smaller than I always thought. :confused:
It's taught me what a blessing it is not to be reliant on other's company to be fulfilled & happy. I thought the men in little white coats would have to come & cart 1 or 2 of my neighbours off to the funny farm. They have not done well in isolation.

A few of my girls (I'm looking at you Alice and Pepper!) have been carrying on like pork chops whenever they lay an egg or think about laying an egg. They can carry on for five or ten minutes at a time.

To give the neighbours some peace of mind that I am not axe murdering them as a regular morning event I called out the window to Alice when she started in.

"Oh Alice! Have you laid an egg? What a good girl!"

and to my amazement she shut up! Huh! 🤔 :jumpy
I do that too! But in my case I do it to shut them up because I don't want the neighbours to complain and the council to force me to not keep chickens any more.

Back
Top Bottom