I shared a video ages ago of two of my ISAs licking the banana lounge. I’ll share it again here. Penny is on the left, Lucy is in the middle preening and Chickie is on the right. Watch Chickie; as her beak is shortened you can see her tongue clearly.

I need to put this on the tv and advance frame by frame. I can't tell on my phone

I shared a video ages ago of two of my ISAs licking the banana lounge. I’ll share it again here. Penny is on the left, Lucy is in the middle preening and Chickie is on the right. Watch Chickie; as her beak is shortened you can see her tongue clearly.

That is SO cute! I have a video of Bridge licking a bowl somewhere. I’ll try to find it.

Moon shots!
She's almost finished her moult.
PB240148.JPG
PB240149.JPG
PB240150.JPG
PB240152.JPG

Allegiances shift. Tonight Maggie has chosen to sleep next the the Little Princesses instead of over at the end of the roost with her two sisters.
I hope she will be warm enough not being sandwiched. It is going below freezing tonight and you can see the Little Princesses are all floofed up and Maggie has buried her face in her newly grown feathers.
5A5ABB10-4309-4223-9CF3-9D78DB947215.jpeg

Last edited:
Allegiances shift. Tonight Maggie has chosen to sleep next the the Little Princesses instead of over at the end of the roost with her two sisters.
I hope she will be warm enough not being sandwiched. It is going below freezing tonight and you can see the Little Princesses are all flooded up and Maggie has buried her face in her newly grown feathers.
View attachment 2423909
Things like this always make me wonder has something changed. More likely she just roosted late and lost her spot by the wall. 🥰

A Better Day

Let me start by pointing out that the conditions were much improved today. It was a little warmer with a lot of warm sunshine and no wind. The ladies took advantage of it today.

We started by hanging out on the patio this morning. I chose the patio because it has full sun. And then I pulled out the big guns to try and cheer this lot up, PURPLE CORN. There has been no purple corn at TSC for months. I saw some the last time I was there and grabbed the last bag. I have been sitting on it for weeks so they would finish the yellow corn which I had gotten for them. Today I said, "why not!" and grabbed the bag when I headed out. I could almost swear Hattie screamed for joy when she saw others eating it. She did make some sound of recognition and bullied her way through Sansa, Phyllis and Lilly to get dibs on my hand.

Everyone was more active and hanging around with me in the sun. Here are few candid shots.
20201124_090837.jpg
20201124_090323.jpg
20201124_090328.jpg

And how about these two hanging out near to each other.
20201124_085617.jpg

Later in the afternoon I went out to take them a treat. All 6 of them were laying in the sun dustbathing together. I felt so bad interrupting them.

20201124_130350.jpg

Only 3 were willing to give up their bath for snacks!
20201124_130456.jpg
20201124_130505.jpg

These three stayed in their warm dusty holes.
20201124_131110.jpg

Afterwards, these two hung out for a while.
20201124_131046.jpg

Some observations from the day.
  • Hattie is quicker to peck than she usually is. Hattie growls less, pecks more when food is involved. Sansa and Sydney both got nabbed by her today
  • Aurora is much less aggressive when going after food and quickly gives way to Lilly. Aurora used to respect the pecking order only to a point and was not shy about taking food from Lilly. That did not happen at all today. In fact she was even flinching when Lilly looked at her and would back away even when Lilly was not interested in her.
  • Aurora is still favoring her leg. She did run around early in the day but by roosting time you could tell it was sore.
  • Aurora is not chasing anyone at roosting time and just waits until everything is settled inside before she goes in now and simply roosts.
Tonight's roost photo.
VideoCapture_20201124-175312.jpg

Attachments

• 20201124_131046.jpg
    20201124_131046.jpg
    389.8 KB · Views: 0

Back
Top Bottom