I don’t know why I find this so cute but I do. All the Princesses tucked in for the night. Getting chilly so they are all floofed up and all burying their faces in their feathers.
I was really just checking for mice but had to peep in on the sleeping ladies too.
C4073A6A-A36A-483A-A038-43ACD9FE3B0A.jpeg

I don’t know why I find this so cute but I do. All the Princesses tucked in for the night. Getting chilly so they are all floofed up and all burying their faces in their feathers.
I was really just checking for mice but had to peep in on the sleeping ladies too.
View attachment 2430622
I love me some roosting birds. They are so serene when roosting & the day's squabbles are all forgotten. 🥰

I love me some roosting birds. They are so serene when roosting & the day's squabbles are all forgotten. 🥰
Yes. And I love how they mutter a bit in their sleep. I assume they are dreaming chicken-ey dreams about unlimited wriggling bugs and heaps of corn. All very comforting.

Yes. And I love how they mutter a bit in their sleep. I assume they are dreaming chicken-ey dreams about unlimited wriggling bugs and heaps of corn. All very comforting.
Mine burble & *purr* ~ that's what it sounds like. It is a lovely contented sound & roosting is about the only time they really make it.

Alex, one of the things that has helped me to be able to move on after tough losses is the new members that I add to my flock.

If Dolly had not passed, I would have never met Elphie
If Trisha had not passed, the greatest hen ever, Daisy, would never have been my friend.
If Elphie had not passed, I would never have met Patsy and Lilly
If Daisy had not passed, I would never have met Hattie
If Maleficent and Patsy had not passed, I would never have met Sydney, Sansa, or my little diva Phyllis.

I will never forget those wonderful friends which have left me. I frequently take a moment and remember them, even sharing that here. There is nothing wrong with that. It is all also good to make new friends from time to time as well.

I think it might help you to apply yourself to finding some new flock members. You mentioned that you are having trouble locating any but have you considered the "classifieds" here on BYC. For example here are some ladies in Northern California that need a new home.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/need-to-re-home-my-3-chickens.1431406/
I am doing this @ present too. I miss the girls I've lost & they will never be forgotten but it is exciting to think who might now be joining my older girls.

Of course she had to check it out...quality control Bob...quality control!!! :gig

I hope you catch the nasty critter! I say that, but we bought our youngest son a pet rat, he named her pokey, because the first time he held her, she went up on his shoulder and her whiskers got his face...his comment "she's pokety, tickleitey (not a word, I know ;) )", he was 6! :love

I like rodents, but in a cage, with a wheel. Not free-ranging!

Thank you...it's a great place for them, they can really spread their wings out here! I currently have 22, 16 hens and 6 roosters! We are going to be thinning out the roosters, 6 is too many!

Here's a video of them spreading their wings for a treat...because running just isn't fast enough! :love

Some of my girls do that! :lau

Back
Top Bottom