Got some pics, here's Queenie eating with Butters out of the trough feeder
View attachment 2499164

And their finishing up some mealy worms at their treats log, checking for spilled ones and looking in every crevice. Soon they'll start excavating around it ...

View attachment 2499170
View attachment 2499181

Here's a fluffy butt for Friday! Of course that's Hazel, top position for top hen.
View attachment 2499175
Lovely photos CB. How is Hazel's beak going?

Yes I can grab them off the roost and entice with treats. Mostly I can just pick them up. The scenario that worries me is when they rush the door and head off across the meadow. Mean things lurk in the meadow. I can stay with them as guardian (provided they stay together) but there is no herding to be done in the meadow. It used to be that I could approach each one in turn and as they squatted I could grab them and carry them back to the Palace. Don't think that will work any more. :(
Mine come when called, especially if I'm near the meal worm storage bin. 😆
They won't let me pick them up any more though, except for Alice who can't see me coming.

Sounds like time to start planning your chicken garden RC. How big is the area that you want to fence off?

Thank you, I enjoy sharing...especially with little people! 💞

Of course...I love to share...lol! Here's a before & a couple of pictures of the color change we are doing on the lower cabinets. The uppers will be painted white!
We have a long way to go. The computer desk will be moved into one of our spare bedrooms that I'm setting up as my craft room/office(my children are grown 🙁 ). My husband is building a new cabinet in its place so that I can have a bit more storage & the counter will be a tea & coffee station!
View attachment 2499642
A couple of drawer fronts...before color & after!
View attachment 2499643
Door on the left with 2 coats of stain, the right door has one. We just finished the backs of the doors today and will start staining the fronts tomorrow, the drawer fronts are finished. We will stain the cabinets after we finish the doors...we are also making changes to our sink cabinet...hopefully we we won't have to rebuild it.
View attachment 2499644
Chicken Tax!
View attachment 2499647
Thank you so much for sharing! 🤗 Looking forward to seeing the process of transformation.

Really it’s mostly rags we are using in her litter box... and it was the BIL jacket I was training her to pee on, on purpose :oops:.
:lau:gig:lau
Oh dear, I'm awful....:lau

I am seriously considering another goat or two, or moving the bell weather sheep my mother adopted into a small sheep/goat shed in our yard with her once the house is built. I may be also be staking claim to everything from the Mud gate to the first Timber Knoll fence around our house. It’s the worst area for forage and pasture on the farm, and if I decide to fight for it I don’t think there will be too much resistance. It would solve a few problems, the wandering nature of the Sheep in question (he’s an escape artist) and the “we should just send that fat useless sheep to slaughter” leverage... now to see if I have enough chicken pics for the taxes to cover that little rant!
I'm glad you have a plan for a friend for Arduinna.
Good luck with your stake claiming! :fl

Wow, they were so fast right at the beginning there, I thought the film was sped up! 🤯
I was very happy that the road-runners paid attention and eventually followed Diana over to the other side. Last time a fox tried to get at them the road-runners were a little too chill about it for my liking.
I don't know why it was only Maggie who dashed for safety out of the area. And no, I didn't speed up the video, she really moves that fast!

Back
Top Bottom