It's been a full on day here. There's been so much that had to be done, my plants were in need of being rescued and I am far from being a good gardener but with the help of a dear friend we managed to save most of them, though a few surviving remains to be seen.

So good night my friends. I hope to see you tomorrow. :)

Hi Everyone. It's been a while since I posted here, but I've been following along silently & have kept up to date. April was a tough month for me. I had experienced dealing with a sick rooster for the first time. It was a rollercoaster ride of emotions - some days I thought he was getting better and other days he got worse. It seemed like the medication prescribed helped him some, but I caught it too late and my sweet Roo passed away on April 27th. I think he knew his time was coming to an end. Roo was a very sweet rooster, but he wasn't the type who enjoyed being pet or handled, but on my last day with him, he stayed by my side and let me pet him. I think that was his way of saying goodbye to me 😢 It's been over a week and the pain is still very fresh.

I know I don't comment often, but I always try to "like" everyone's posts here. I wanted to let you all know that this reading thread has helped me get through the rough times when I was feeling down about Roo. I enjoy reading about peoples flocks and seeing photos of everyone chickens 💕

My sweet Roo
View attachment 2653545
So sorry. Gorgeous Roo.

Way-Back Machine?

Mr. Peabody us the way-back machine ready for another trip yet?

Really?

How bad is it?

Is it the number of jumps or how far back?

What about a short trip to just test it out? Just one jump. Would that be safe?

How much risk?

That feels pretty safe to me. Just be sure to bring tools and supplies in case we need a repair.

OK, I say we test it. How about 5 years ago?

Mr Peabody, set the way-back machine for May 6, 2016.

chumma chumma, hufft hufft, falump, chumma chumma, hufft hufft, falump, chumma chumma, hufft hufft, falump

Well that wasn't so bad. What is happening on this day?

I poured rain all day and the ladies were out in it. Then the temperature was supposed to drop close to freezing that night. I could not let soaking at hens out in that temperature. So I brought them in and dried them off.

View attachment 2652689View attachment 2652690View attachment 2652691

My 17 lb cat, Dr. Zoidberg, was interested in Daisy, the greatest hen ever. He got too close for Daisy's liking and she let him know it by pecking him between the eyes. It was like a hammer hitting a coconut. Dr. Z never came close to the chickens again.

Dr. Zoidberg.
View attachment 2652704

Dr. Z's pain did not stop Davis from checking things out. He and Patsy had this moment. Patsy was definitely more tolerant than Daisy was. No pecking was involved.
View attachment 2652692

What was that?

We've been here to long?

Sorry everyone, time to go back. Take us home Mr. Peabody.

chumma chumma, hufft hufft, falump, chumma chumma, hufft hufft, falump, chumma chumma, hufft hufft, falump

Whew, we are back successfully. Thanks Mr. Peabody. Keep working on the way-back. We may want to take a longer trip next time.
Poor Dr Z!

And what a hardship having to snuggle dry all your hens.

Photo Essay

I have been putting this one together for @Shadrach and the other Lilly fans. Here she is in her glory. This is an early morning photo session and I think she is just lovely in the early morning sun. ☀️

View attachment 2653246View attachment 2653247View attachment 2653248View attachment 2653250View attachment 2653252View attachment 2653253View attachment 2653256View attachment 2653257View attachment 2653260View attachment 2653264View attachment 2653265
She is very photogenic!

Lovely 💜
Is Lexie a border collie mix? So ball oriented, love it. Beautiful pup ☺️
Thank you! She was sold (more of a rescue situation) as a border collie, but she isn’t papered. Probably a little something else in the mix. Dad looked full border collie. Mom looked like a short haired border collie, but maternal grandma looked just slightly different, like another breed might be mixed in. Not sure what. No barrel chest, so not thinking cattle dog. Ideas on what else she might have?

Last edited:
All I've been able to surmise is that Shad is or was moving. I think out of Spain, to the UK somewhere. Unable to bring his chickens with him. When, why, or where to exactly, I don't know. There've been comments here and there on getting Shad's thoughts "while we still have you" and on his doing a lot of packing.
I did not know this!!!

Back
Top Bottom