I will be up super late making beans for 40 people for a work shin dig tomorrow. Can I just say… I am so sad for Bob, Mrs. BY Bob, Phyllis and the babies, I’m on the verge of tears. 😥
We're all heartbroken. I'm clinging to hope at the same time.

Peggy.

Yes, she's on milk thistle.

And biotin, choline and DMG. And tiny, really tiny, bits of cheese, eg, two grated strips per hen.

High protein, low fat pellets are the staple diet now.

I was feeding a grain mix, but Peggy was being very fussy about which grains she ate. The vet thinks it was a contributing factor to her broken liver.
Oh, right, Peggy! I can picture her, but picked the wrong name. Oh, wow, she's on quite a bit. Is that forever?

Oh, right, Peggy! I can picture her, but picked the wrong name. Oh, wow, she's on quite a bit. Is that forever?
For the time being, yes.

She has a checkup every three months and so far the advice has been to continue the supplements.

At this time, she needs all that extra stuff to aid her digestion.

For the time being, yes.

She has a checkup every three months and so far the advice has been to continue the supplements.

At this time, she needs all that extra stuff to aid her digestion.
The important thing about Peggy's case is that it demonstrates a broken liver is not a death sentence.

One last thought, I do not recommend supplementing any hen's diet without vet advice.

Supplements can make a healthy hen sick.

The important thing about Peggy's case is that it demonstrates a broken liver is not a death sentence.

One last thought, I do not recommend supplementing any hen's diet without vet advice.

Supplements can make a healthy hen sick.
That is sound advice. Though I have given calcium and liquid detox, which has milk thistle, dandelion and other things. However, I haven't given anything long term.

I will be up super late making beans for 40 people for a work shin dig tomorrow. Can I just say… I am so sad for Bob, Mrs. BY Bob, Phyllis and the babies, I’m on the verge of tears. 😥
:hugs
Me too. It's a terrible situation and being so helpless to do anything makes it worse. 😟
There is still some hope if they arrive tomorrow. :fl

Back
Top Bottom