One last tip: sometimes it's hard to catch a chicken. They get scared and start running.

So, it's a lot easier to lift a hen gently off the roost after dark and place her gently into her box. She can sleep in the box without any worries. If you make the appointment first thing in the morning she won't have to be in the box for too long.
Good tip. In Maggie’s case she walked right in but I can see that might not work with one of the Roadrunners.

I'm hoping I can claim as your profile read about my vet's brilliance too. Spoke with him yesterday and he understands we have pets, not production animals. He was honest with me that hormone implants may need to be an ongoing thing and not a 1x fix (and the lupron is 400-500$ for Rx alone :eek:) so I trying to temper my overly optimistic hopes (and avoid a budget discussion with hubby, who before I heard the pricing agreed to let me do what I think is best 🤫)
He sounds good! I hope it all works out.

All 3 are Alive

They are however very weak and I am very concerned that the legbar will make it. She is not standing.

they have been nutridrench'ed and are under the heat plate as we speak.

When we picked them up

20210805_074315.jpg

After the first round of nutridrench

20210805_075600.jpg

Back
Top Bottom