I'm not sure how good the pictures came out...but @RoyalChick , I think this mystery chick wants to communicate with Lulu!
View attachment 3115393View attachment 3115395
If you enlarge the photos, you can see she is starting to get an antennae, too! Just when I thought I was getting an idea of what she was, she is also starting to show hints of brown on her hackle feathers! Unfortunately, again, these were taken a few minutes ago, so it was dark, and you can't see that. I'll try for some better shots on Saturday...so y'all can be puzzled, too!
I think they are already in contact - Lulu is definitely communicating with some mystery being!

TY for this!
Mine is built with H.D. dimensional lumber (pine) and plywood (?I'm assuming also pine?) Practice it is, then. This spring when I do clean out..once finished another small mobile coop...just in case there is an oops! in the one that I want to do it in..... (my first/oldest coop).
And maybe have fire extinguisher close at hand and avoid chicken helpers if you can!

It's prohibited but many still do it. Before Brexit most horsey people in France got their safeguard on a UK site because in our country you need a prescription and it was five time the price.

I do this with our hives, I'll try to answer but please allow me some translation mistakes! So, the flame only needs to be just quickly passed over to burn insects or larvae. Some hives are indeed made of pine. The body of the hive is pretty thick, but some of the frames are very flimsy. It does char the wood a little if you insist, which you have to for cleaning a hive as you want the yucky wax left over to melt. If you just pass the flame quickly over it doesn't char. You can't lower the temperature but you can adjust the gaz opening and have a bigger or smaller flame. This is a picture of me doing just that on Monday, sorry for the Monday face. You can see I'm staying quite a long time on the same spot to scratch off yucky stuff. The wood never catches fire. In a coop you would need to empty it completely from the bedding. View attachment 3115609
Thank you - this was very in formative & helpful‼️:thumbsup:bow

Friday friends: 609A2A3D-784C-4A22-B597-A67A7371BB07.jpeg 5A420729-472A-4599-8089-C3CBB841A417.jpeg

Okay, so I'm pretty ignorant around this, as I don't have international friends (well, except the newly acquired through Fluffy Butt Acres), so don't ship generally across country borders. Couldn't we ship one to you? Or would that be prohibited? It isn't (I don't think) a highly dangerous nor flammable chemical......❓

I"ll pay my tax when I get home tonight!!!
I’m not 100% sure about it… if it’s an aerosol can… as they can explode. I can’t ship lithium battery items here so rechargeable stuff can be a challenge, something about the island and either the mai boat or plane? I am not exactly sure, but Amazon is really finicky about what they will let me receive. I know it’s not a controlled substance, like some of those other pet meds I may have ordered from a US company… it just hasn’t been available here for several years.

Back
Top Bottom