Flexi and princess's mugs for Monday

20220523_180555.jpg

Thank god its just started to rain

20220523_180604.jpg

Mugs Monday: ClaraView attachment 3120084
Clara is bottom of the pecking order, but I love her spunky attitude. I have no idea why she ended up where she did in the social order. She is currently almost broody, so she wanders around ticking and letting out bloodcurldling yells. Last night Myrna even ceded her digging spot to Clara!
I love her, 🙏 please send her to me

And grafting is essentially the same as a cutting except you are not growing the root system from scratch… most of my information on genetics comes from my indoor growing experiences in my late teens and 20’s and an interest in reptiles and the wonderful world of ball python breeding. But it does help in my current chicken interests in looking at dominant, co-dominant, recessive, and allelic genes and how they show up. It also allows you to grow different types on the same trees which can be useful if you need to cross pollinate or a variety is improved by cross pollination and you have limited space. I put a 5 variety grafted apple tree in our back yard in the city, as I only wanted two or three medium sized fruit trees in the (relatively) small city yard.
Okay, I have to wisecrack: how about if you graft cannabis with an apple tree?. I’m pretty sure that would be illegal. 👮‍♂️ No further comment :duc

Clara is bottom of the pecking order, but I love her spunky attitude. I have no idea why she ended up where she did in the social order. She is currently almost broody, so she wanders around ticking and letting out bloodcurldling yells. Last night Myrna even ceded her digging spot to Clara!
Yep I got one of those right now, it's like The Exorcist haha I am waiting for her head to spin around 😆

Love her colouring very pretty 😊

Mink sighting last night, about 9 pm. I closed In the Goats and Free range Flock about 8:30 then drove down to the farm to do a load of laundry and steal some water so I can hopefully get some more cleaning done or the dishes today. It was inside Hawk’s Run and eating from the feeder when I drove up then hid in my remaining trusses, and eventually I chased it into the trees to the North (mountain side) of our road. I strongly considered moving the chicks back inside, but am a light sleeper and they are right next to our bedroom window (open) and have excellent contact with the ground in the meat tractor. They were all in the one solid huddle box, not the vented top part so I placed that at the opening to the solid one like a little run and positioned cardboard around the hole in the back. Didn’t sleep well, and at 2 am we got rain and I had to go out and get them a tarp and cover up all the cleaning stuff I have out (I am currently detailing all our vehicles) then 5 am DH had to leave for the ferry, to get sausage making supplies and some crumbles for the chicks.
I hear you re: predators... I have the gals out today but sticking close to them because of hawks and that eaagle...

Back
Top Bottom