Don’t get me wrong, but I don’t like cannabis in any form. Used as a recreational drug is (in my opinion) a waste of good brain cells. If people want to be happy, then get chickens 🐓!
Agree, although it does have some benefits in treating symptoms of some illnesses (not glaucoma 🙄 lol) for stimulating appetite, inducing sleep, etc. I don’t think most “recreational” drug use is generally a positive for society, including excessive alcohol consumption, and cigarettes. Both of which I have done. Not to even mention some of the prescription drug abuse issues.

Which is why I find the sudden decision to legalize/decriminalize cannabis interesting politically and socially. The widespread promotion and increase in accessibility of alcoholic beverages (especially stronger distilled ones) happened along with the industrial revolution as people began to move into higher concentrations and work more in unpleasant indoor conditions. It’s been suggested that this was partially a mechanism for keeping a working class more complacent and less unsatisfied with their situations. The “opiate of the masses”. Now we are seeing widespread acceptance of another numbing mind altering substance and it makes me wonder if this is some indication of further challenges for the poor and middle classes in the industrialized world.

Not even to touch upon the impact of alcohol on the indigenous North American People. I’m not sure how it translates to the USA but our First Nations have been socially destroyed by not only alcohol and some absolutely awful institutionalized abuses by our government and the Early Churches here, but the generational harm that has happened and continues to happen within their communities.

Tax:
9B9EE7A1-F6BD-41A9-9188-582466B0E662.jpeg

I love the puffy muffs on the buff one in the first picture.
:love
That one hatched out of a blue egg, was the largest chick in the whole lot, and still is. It's from my MIL's eggs and she loves her buff Orpingtons. However, the head rooster is a buff x EE and with the cheeks, the likely father. The EE x BO hens are mostly black, with some gold (maybe like the little black is showing, marked like Silver but where she's white, they're black and where she's black, they're gold. They also have the cheeks, so watching these develop is fun! The chocolate one just popped orange breast feathers today too. So far, only the chippy has wattles showing, and I was trying to look closely at Jess's pair too.
20220523_161817.jpg
I'm pretty sure the one on the left is the adoptee. With the black combs, color should be VERY noticeable. On the other hand, with the assorted unknown crosses, development timelines are all kinds of messed up.

Fake Eggs and Phyllis

My loss of fake eggs continues. This time JD was the culprit. We offered to JD as part of our gratitude that he could take all of the eggs the ladies laid while we were in Italy. He dutifully collected them and left them in bowls on the dining room table for us. The table was covered in eggs. This was one of the bowls.

20220429_183026.jpg

JD knows I have no coloured egg layers. EVERYONE knows I have no colored egg layers! But he dutifully brought in that Fake green egg, didn't he. :barnie

So I bought 6 fake Eggs for Phyllis to set. I just labeled them. Do you think this is obvious enough?

20220523_190409.jpg

I put the "F" on them for Phyllis". 😉

So far, no one has troubled Phyllis over her setting in nest box 1. They have all politely laid their eggs in nest box 2.

20220522_201429.jpg

Fake Eggs and Phyllis

My loss of fake eggs continues. This time JD was the culprit. We offered to JD as part of our gratitude that he could take all of the eggs the ladies laid while we were in Italy. He dutifully collected them and left them in bowls on the dining room table for us. The table was covered in eggs. This was one of the bowls.

View attachment 3120810

JD knows I have no coloured egg layers. EVERYONE knows I have no colored egg layers! But he dutifully brought in that Fake green egg, didn't he. :barnie

So I bought 6 fake Eggs for Phyllis to set. I just labeled them. Do you think this is obvious enough?

View attachment 3120821

So far, no one has troubled Phyllis over her setting in nest box 1. They have all politely laid their eggs in nest box 2.

View attachment 3120827
Wow! Laying in a different nest seems a huge change, unless I'm not remembering your flocks habits 🤔

Fake Eggs and Phyllis

View attachment 3120810

View attachment 3120821

View attachment 3120827
I marked mine with F A K E, wrapping around them. The 2 brown ones are currently hiding in the straw/shavings in the bottom of the coop.

Best suggestion I can think of is try not to disturb the area too much, then check it carefully with a flashlight after dark hopefully the cut areas of the shavings will be more easily visible then?
That could be very clever. I would dig up the whole area and sift it myself. It is really aggravating though.

Back
Top Bottom