I’m doing ok. Trying to cut the pain pills down to three a day to minimize the side effects, and so they maintain effectiveness for after the surgery. I would like to only take them twice the day before the surgery. I wish I could ice it more but don’t have a great way to do it and am dependent on DH bringing the ice packs to me. But he did bring Squeak in from my office to visit me today.

Caturday visit (sorry it’s a little blurry, he didn’t want to sit still)
View attachment 3389531

It would be a little expensive but you could lay chicken wire down flat on the ground in areas you don’t want them to dig and stake it down with landscaping staples. The grass will grow up through it but they won’t be able to dig very well.
Take your pain meds! The short amt of time you will need them won’t hurt or make them less affective - trust me.

I want you sleeping well and not stressed with pain, having pain can stress a body - so please take your pain meds!

Ok now I have got that out of the way, I like the idea of the chicken wire - just don’t run over it with the lawn tractor (trust me it doesn’t end well for the blades!!).

I am so glad your hubby brought you a friend ❤️ And I love your moggy such a handsome puss!!

2203528B-2092-4247-A11D-D9A920CC2FA5.jpeg

We have been discussing just that. Her words were I can say whatever I want she is going to do what she wants to do. I'm trying to limit her to 1 coffee cup a day of meal worms. She doesn't care. I'm trying to convince her it is not good for them but it is not going well.
Did you hear mrs. By Bob’s comment about flooring the rest of your house? :gig

I’m doing ok. Trying to cut the pain pills down to three a day to minimize the side effects, and so they maintain effectiveness for after the surgery. I would like to only take them twice the day before the surgery. I wish I could ice it more but don’t have a great way to do it and am dependent on DH bringing the ice packs to me. But he did bring Squeak in from my office to visit me today.

View attachment 3389531

It would be a little expensive but you could lay chicken wire down flat on the ground in areas you don’t want them to dig and stake it down with landscaping staples. The grass will grow up through it but they won’t be able to dig very well.
Two acres of grass? Yep a little expensive $$$$

Orpingtons are not really into scratching while leghorns love to dig.
This is so interesting. My Orps did not get the memo about no digging. When I built them a new run, I was amazed at all the random stuff they dug up. "What's that that you dug up, Clara? Wow, an inner tube! Oh, look at that big chunk of concrete!" :th

View attachment 3389531

I'm so glad you have a kitty to keep you company. The waiting must be very hard. :hugs :hugs :hugs

This is so interesting. My Orps did not get the memo about no digging. When I built them a new run, I was amazed at all the random stuff they dug up. "What's that that you dug up, Clara? Wow, an inner tube! Oh, look at that big chunk of concrete!" :th
That's funny. Hattie was digging in the garden today but normally she is not a big scratcher. I swear Daisy, the greatest hen ever, scratched in her sleep.

Back
Top Bottom