Enabler supreme

Someone, not naming names, has been planting ideas in my head and sending me info on hatcheries along my route home..

And as if it wasn’t bad enough Silver Spangled Hamburg hatchery site… And Cream Legbars!

It’s is so bad that I got all carried away and we are planning the best way to keep day olds warm in my truck!

Apparently heated seats aren’t warm enough … and there I was putting it out there wondering if the power outlet in my truck could handle a brooder plate 🤭🤭🤭

Thanks - you know who you are! Now I am saving up my money for a $50 Skayslaakrabltzie chick (what the heck was it again?).

And this all means I will not be able to go through the US going home - bad bad RM.

:eek::lau

It's a laurel tree and yes, an evergreen. It's a life savior shelter for my chickens, only the goshawk goes inside to get them out. It's a Mediterranean tree but can handle zone 8. Ours is a bit out of control 🤣.
View attachment 3390617
I'm getting more evergreens. I'm realizing one of the reasons why we have so many raptors attack in winter is that the land is so bare.

I think she looks just perfect.
But I wonder how she will react if Elie and Babs start to lay before she has.
I am barely Zone 5 - more zone 4…

I want to plant nice trees like that for the chickies. We have hawthorn trees with big spikes on the branches so that should keep the hawks away. They aren’t evergreen but still nice trees…

We have had two sunny, but cold days. It very briefly (maybe 20 min) hit 38°f, down to 28 now and expecting 24.
Did get a few minutes with the ladies when i got home from work today. Last weekend was the first time in months they were still up after work. Had a bit of a photo shoot while bug hunting.
20230130_164348~2.jpg
20230130_164633~2.jpg
20230130_164700~2.jpg
20230130_164716_HDR~2.jpg

Enabler supreme

Someone, not naming names, has been planting ideas in my head and sending me info on hatcheries along my route home..

And as if it wasn’t bad enough Silver Spangled Hamburg hatchery site… And Cream Legbars!

It’s is so bad that I got all carried away and we are planning the best way to keep day olds warm in my truck!

Apparently heated seats aren’t warm enough … and there I was putting it out there wondering if the power outlet in my truck could handle a brooder plate 🤭🤭🤭

Thanks - you know who you are! Now I am saving up my money for a $50 Skayslaakrabltzie chick (what the heck was it again?).

And this all means I will not be able to go through the US going home - bad bad RM.

I love a good enabler, yay whoever you are. Did you mean this? Appenzeller Spitzhauben

Brrrr!

This is so crazy this winter! Mother Nature is off the rails!

But I am not complaining too much as it’s been a mild winter back home, and I am thankful for that, I don’t want my mum to be out in the cold too much taking care of my kiddos.

And I don’t want them getting too cold.

View attachment 3391282
Who is this? She's not one of yours...

Enabler supreme

While you’re driving, your truck can easily handle a little brooder plate in the cab. With the crazy temperatures I wouldn’t expect a plate to keep the temp up enough in the truck overnight… but if my ‘92 Chevy can keep up with a 150watt inverter, your Blue can no problems! So logistically speaking there’s not a good reason not to.

Who is this? She's not one of yours...
One of my nieces hens - will likely end up at my place of my sister sells her place (the retirement plan for her to RV winters in Florida), I don’t mind the hens coming to my place, but she has two Indian runner ducks hens.

I dont want ducks…

While you’re driving, your truck can easily handle a little brooder plate in the cab. With the crazy temperatures I wouldn’t expect a plate to keep the temp up enough in the truck overnight… but if my ‘92 Chevy can keep up with a 150watt inverter, your Blue can no problems! So logistically speaking there’s not a good reason not to.
I will be heading home in April so hopefully better weather!

Back
Top Bottom