Those hand warmers you shake to activate are warm enough. They last about 10 hours so you would have to replace them along the way. But they don’t cost a lot!
Put them inside socks so the chickies don’t peck them. Better still put them under the box they are in.
Make sure the box has good ventilation low down because the sachets use oxygen to create heat.
:goodpost: Great minds

An unusual pairing for Twofer Tuesday breakfast. Bernie and Eli.
892F378A-27BC-44A6-A60C-5FD8C7D27F84.jpeg

Don’t worry, Babs is not far behind creating a different unusual pairing for Twofer Tuesday breakfast.
C6E44601-78E3-455D-BCA7-85F0C2C6B618.jpeg

One thing is for sure: nothing will budge Bernie from her breakfast!

Well we made it to the surgery center. Roads aren’t too bad yet but some overpasses are closed. Am here about 5 hours early but wanted to make sure we made it, and they said it is very possible some of the earlier surgeries will cancel if people can’t make it in so I might get moved up.

Surgery tax
09E09972-0CB4-4F7E-BD1F-1468C5DDB39D.jpeg

29E8CD78-2128-4EAF-9540-5A2C8FE947CC.jpeg

Well we made it to the surgery center. Roads aren’t too bad yet but some overpasses are closed. Am here about 5 hours early but wanted to make sure we made it, and they said it is very possible some of the earlier surgeries will cancel if people can’t make it in so I might get moved up.
:fl:fl:hugs:hugs

Positive waves and hugs! Be safe and good luck.

Good luck @TX Chick Noob🤞. I hope you are not too stressed by the weather and the waiting ! Maybe you should look at hatcheries web pages to distract you while waiting as it seems to be the latest trend around 😉.

@bgmathteach I'm getting serviceberry trees, or whatever it's called, as well! Fun fact : of all the trees and shrubs we have on our list, it was the only one my partner and I agreed on 🤣 (apart from replacing an apple tree that died after five years of nice growth..so sad).

@RoyalChick I also wish you luck with the weather. Hope for the best and prepare for the worse 🙂. Hate to say this but I'm in short sleeves now. The sun is really warm though it still freezes at night.

A few tuefers.
Chipie and Merle having a "who's the boss" static contest. Have you seen that type of interaction between your chickens, when one seems to show something on the floor to another and they stay completely frozen for a minute ? I'm guessing it's about hierarchy, but not completely sure.
IMG_20230131_141656.jpg

Gaston and Merle bathing in a barrel that is way too small for Gaston
IMG_20230131_122321.jpg

Théo and Chipie have a complicated relation now
IMG_20230131_141122.jpg

Piou-piou and Léa look golden when the sun shines
IMG_20230131_092403.jpg

Surgery tax
View attachment 3391446

View attachment 3391447
Glad you made it there safe and sound! Wishing you a swift recovery ❤️‍🩹!

Before you go home if at all possible see if a hospital advocate or admin can help address your meds issue with the insurance company so its not an issue post surgery as it has been pre.

Good luck @TX Chick Noob🤞. I hope you are not too stressed by the weather and the waiting ! Maybe you should look at hatcheries web pages to distract you while waiting as it seems to be the latest trend around 😉.

@bgmathteach I'm getting serviceberry trees, or whatever it's called, as well! Fun fact : of all the trees and shrubs we have on our list, it was the only one my partner and I agreed on 🤣 (apart from replacing an apple tree that died after five years of nice growth..so sad).

@RoyalChick I also wish you luck with the weather. Hope for the best and prepare for the worse 🙂. Hate to say this but I'm in short sleeves now. The sun is really warm though it still freezes at night.

A few tuefers.
Chipie and Merle having a "who's the boss" static contest. Have you seen that type of interaction between your chickens, when one seems to show something on the floor to another and they stay completely frozen for a minute ? I'm guessing it's about hierarchy, but not completely sure.
View attachment 3391449
Gaston and Merle bathing in a barrel that is way too small for Gaston
View attachment 3391450
Théo and Chipie have a complicated relation now
View attachment 3391451
Piou-piou and Léa look golden when the sun shines
View attachment 3391454
Gorgeous photos! The barrel photo reminds me of cats who sit in to small boxes and made me laugh.

Surgery tax
View attachment 3391446

View attachment 3391447
Wishing you all the best for surgery and trip home!

Back
Top Bottom