Ask Aurora.

Dear Aurora,
Let me introduce myself. I am the most beautiful, most angry, and most proud little rooster in the world.
My name is Théo and I live in France in the mountains.
Here is my problem. I have four hens who should honour and worship my beautiful self. Unfortunately, I happen to be half bantam. Can you believe that those french humans have the cheeks to call us bantams "dwarves", by the way ? Anyway, my hens are bigger than me and since I live on a very steep slope, I never manage to mount and mate them properly. Because I need to maintain some balance, I must grab their feathers as I would fall otherwise, and this displease them so much that they run away from their duty to my gorgeous self.
Would you have any advice on dealing with this shameful problem ? I trust your discretion not to mention this to any of your beak book friends.
Cocorico from your beautiful Théo.
View attachment 3392671
Uh oh, I know what she’ll say 🤦‍♂️

Ask Aurora.

Dear Aurora,
Let me introduce myself. I am the most beautiful, most angry, and most proud little rooster in the world.
My name is Théo and I live in France in the mountains.
Here is my problem. I have four hens who should honour and worship my beautiful self. Unfortunately, I happen to be half bantam. Can you believe that those french humans have the cheeks to call us bantams "dwarves", by the way ? Anyway, my hens are bigger than me and since I live on a very steep slope, I never manage to mount and mate them properly. Because I need to maintain some balance, I must grab their feathers as I would fall otherwise, and this displease them so much that they run away from their duty to my gorgeous self.
Would you have any advice on dealing with this shameful problem ? I trust your discretion not to mention this to any of your beak book friends.
Cocorico from your beautiful Théo.
View attachment 3392671
You’re so beautiful Theo 🥰🥰🥰

:barnie:barnie:barnie:barnie:barnie:barnie:barnie:barnie:barnie:barnie:barnie:barnie:he:he:smack Drug addiction and automotive repairs doesn’t mix. My poor neighbor has a son who took apart HER cars dashboard, and just called me to ask if I could repair the damage. I told her sorry I couldn’t help her.
(I warned her months ago that her son needed professional help with his addiction ASAP) :th 09C31FFE-E415-4AFC-B517-B670FC9A9562.jpeg
Frustration due to stupidity tax:

Now is Whisky a Hamburg? And is the whole of the top of his comb now black?

I hate winter - can't stand the cold or snow...
Whiskey is a Bitsa: buff orpington, Easter Eggers and wyandotte or more EE x buff. And yes, frostbite bit him hard. This is Whiskey's Pop (Kren, Pippa, and Maizie too).
20221225_160638.jpg

Whiskey before frostbite and I think he's grown some more
20221102_104033.jpg

Cheetah next to speckled sussex, with his daughters in the background
20221207_081835.jpg

20221026_122221.jpg
Cheetah isn't much bigger than Twirp. Nellie, behind him, is my Brown Leghorn, and is about equal in size to Cheetah.
20221010_095142.jpg
More Whiskey...he's a big boy.

20221010_095404.jpg
Indigo, a Cheetah daughter, and similar in size to Twirp.
20230111_132849.jpg
Kren and Horus (Cheetah's son by Nellie), with the sussex girls. Whiskey is bigger than Kren is.

Interesting.
They do get hot to touch - I would say hotter than my heat plate gets (just anecdotally - I have never measured either).
The way I used them was to pop them inside a sock and put the sock under the shavings in the basket so they could choose to sit on top of the warm patch or go elsewhere.
I used a basket rather than a tightly sealed box to make sure there was enough oxygen flowing - probably just being overly cautious but I wasn't sure how much oxygen was needed for the oxidation to create rust.
I think I am going to grab a couple here and test them out ❤️

@Marie2020 @rural mouse @RoyalChick @RebeccaBoyd @featherhead007

And all the other enablers :)

The science behind hand warmers:

https://www.theweathernetwork.com/en/video/lcoFMq1m?playlist=oLRZ3mum

Not sure if that will keep them warm or not ❤️
You've got time. Test the hand warmers. Use a digital thermometer to check the temp coming off of them. Put them in a sock and check the temp (thinking to keep the babies from picking it apart). There are pads large enough for keeping your torso warm. Test those too.

Whiskey is a Bitsa: buff orpington, Easter Eggers and wyandotte or more EE x buff. And yes, frostbite bit him hard. This is Whiskey's Pop (Kren, Pippa, and Maizie too).View attachment 3392723

Whiskey before frostbite and I think he's grown some moreView attachment 3392726

Cheetah next to speckled sussex, with his daughters in the backgroundView attachment 3392727

View attachment 3392728Cheetah isn't much bigger than Twirp. Nellie, behind him, is my Brown Leghorn, and is about equal in size to Cheetah.
View attachment 3392729More Whiskey...he's a big boy.

View attachment 3392730Indigo, a Cheetah daughter, and similar in size to Twirp.View attachment 3392734Kren and Horus (Cheetah's son by Nellie), with the sussex girls. Whiskey is bigger than Kren is.
They are gorgeous I love his speckled chest 🥰

Back
Top Bottom