How the brackets work there is no need to do angled cuts! The instructions are a little odd to me but I think with more sleep - or maybe coffe - they will make more sense. It's all pictures.
http://www.2x4basics.com/shed-kit_instructions.html
You can download the instructions in parts...look at the materials/cut list. They are pretty precise.

Which size shed did you get?

I do like that they split the cut list so if you are doing a 7x8 you're not having to weed through the other sizes.

Which size shed did you get?

I do like that they split the cut list so if you are doing a 7x8 you're not having to weed through the other sizes.
I have 2 kits that do a 7x8 shed. Barn roof style. So with each kit I can do 1, 7x8 shed. I can also combine the kits and make 1, 8x14 shed.

I have 2 kits that do a 7x8 shed. Barn roof style. So with each kit I can do 1, 7x8 shed. I can also combine the kits and make 1, 8x14 shed.

For reals here.....

I would do 2 separate ones for a couple reasons....

1. Here code is anything above a certain size requires a permit and inspections.

2. Getting straight 2x4's in anything much over 8' is near impossible.....lumber mills charge a premium so they are way expensive twisted or not.

3. Smaller pieces are so much easier to work with.

For reals here.....

I would do 2 separate ones for a couple reasons....

1. Here code is anything above a certain size requires a permit and inspections.

2. Getting straight 2x4's in anything much over 8' is near impossible.....lumber mills charge a premium so they are way expensive twisted or not.

3. Smaller pieces are so much easier to work with.
I will definitely be checking zoning and codes!
In torn between doing 2 or 1 big. I have a 10 x 16 now and it's nice. I can store food in there with everything and they all share one space.
On the other hand.. they all share one space. LOL Ideally I want to breed. Keeping separate areas for 1 or 2 different breeding groups makes sense. So if I went with the larger shed I would likely be looking to put a wire wall up....
3 coops means 3 runs. I have to try and lay everything out and see what works.

Now that I have 2 nice tape measures that will be much easier! :wee

That's 18 babies. 13 teenagers. 17 adults. 2 half bantam, 8 bantam. And Pat who should count as 2! LOL

Thinking way back to when I bought Bitty....
That lady had a pretty neat set up.
She had breeder pens I will try to describe....
Long back wall around 20' divided every 5' or so....like a long horse run in shelter with dividers.....if that makes sense. The runs came off the front at 5' wide and 12' front to back. Fencing between each group....shared run fence..... It definitely saved on materials.
There was no coop pepper but the run in area gave protection.

Thinking of you set the sheds near each other there can be shared run fencing.

Thinking way back to when I bought Bitty....
That lady had a pretty neat set up.
She had breeder pens I will try to describe....
Long back wall around 20' divided every 5' or so....like a long horse run in shelter with dividers.....if that makes sense. The runs came off the front at 5' wide and 12' front to back. Fencing between each group....shared run fence..... It definitely saved on materials.
There was no coop pepper but the run in area gave protection.

Thinking of you set the sheds near each other there can be shared run fencing.
20190807_183857.jpg

This is what I'm picturing. The large arrow looking things in the runs are the carport frames that currently hold game bird netting to keep flying things out.
In my dream world when not breeding I'd like to remove that line between the runs and let everyone mingle and have more space. Really no need. It's not like wire fencing is taking up lots of space, it just seems "nice".

The tree behind the new coop location may or may not be quite where I put it. I'd like it outside the fence so I can cover the run but close enough it provides shade. There is also a fallen tree and who knows what in a pile in the new run area. I'd look for garbage and let then keep the rest. They love the wood pile I left in the run for them now. And perching oddly on what plants they haven't killed...
20190803_194655.jpg

Back
Top Bottom