We have queen Anne's lace seeding in from the neighbors yard. That stuff makes a massive tap root! Pretty but not what I want to eventually battle. I try to get it early.
Virginia creeper is popping up from another neighbors yard, Catalpa trees, ash trees and a bunch of other less than desirable crap too.

:confused: My reading this morning was total crap.....low carb/no carb is needed today.
I am allergic to Virginia creeper, and we have lots of poison ivy.

They are beautiful trees but they grow lightning fast and reproduce via butt tons of these little bean looking pods so if one person within a couple miles has one eventually you will too.
Oh and they're prickly and grow to be pretty dang big.
Upside pollinators love them, im overrun with pink but there are blue and yellow too.
Oh! They're neat in the fact the leaves fold up if you touch them too.

BTW, postponing nummy stuff is blasphemy around these parts! :)View attachment 2244936View attachment 2244938

They are very pretty!

A few neighbors let the creeper grow for a color splash in fall and privacy screen the rest of the time. I hate the stuff.
While bind weed is my bane the flowers are pretty.

Blackberries here are thornless. :oops:
The squirrel here is quite the gardener. He takes snips of it and plants it on my south fence. It does quite well there.

Something flattened about 25 red onion plants in the garden. I am not sure they will make it.

Lunch was sauteed squash and red onion. Breakfast.....that did not exist. Dinner will be tacos. Yeah I know, I know.....it is not Tuesday. :rolleyes:

Something flattened about 25 red onion plants in the garden. I am not sure they will make it.
Sounds like it's almost harvest time
My onions just started falling over this weekend. That means they are done bulbing and ready to go dormant..soon time to harvest.
Screenshot_20200715-140639.png

https://garden.org/learn/articles/view/501/

They actually might, they're tough as nails and they'll thrive in the most craptacular soil.
I doubt they would grow here but I’d love some of those! Weeds are about all I can grow.

Thornless blackberries, wow that must be nice.
Southern blackberries demand a blood sacrifice if you want cobbler.
And if I catch squirrel Bob growing more god help him lol.
Taco tuesday? Waco wednesday is just as good, until you say it out loud.
Oh and I bet deer flattened your onions, they roll on onions.
They are very pretty!

A few neighbors let the creeper grow for a color splash in fall and privacy screen the rest of the time. I hate the stuff.
While bind weed is my bane the flowers are pretty.

Blackberries here are thornless. :oops:
The squirrel here is quite the gardener. He takes snips of it and plants it on my south fence. It does quite well there.

Lunch was sauteed squash and red onion. Breakfast.....that did not exist. Dinner will be tacos. Yeah I know, I know.....it is not Tuesday. :rolleyes:

Sounds like it's almost harvest time
My onions just started falling over this weekend. That means they are done bulbing and ready to go dormant..soon time to harvest.
View attachment 2245118

https://garden.org/learn/articles/view/501/

Nope. Here it is to early yet. They were still tiny. The other 75 reds are still standing up. I have 100 candy onions that are bulbing nicely.

They actually might, they're tough as nails and they'll thrive in the most craptacular soil.

Thornless blackberries, wow that must be nice.
Southern blackberries demand a blood sacrifice if you want cobbler.
And if I catch squirrel Bob growing more god help him lol.
Taco tuesday? Waco wednesday is just as good, until you say it out loud.
Oh and I bet deer flattened your onions, they roll on onions.

No deer this far into town. Most likely culprit is a neighbors cat with red fox coming in second.

Thornless blackberries are nice! They are long canes like raspberries but fruit on second year canes while raspberries on first year. I should see fruit by the end of the month. I plan to freeze it this year. I want to make blackberry jam but likely won't have enough.

100% Jealous the ones here are savage they will mess you up!
It is like picking berries on a pissed cat. :gig
Nope. Here it is to early yet. They were still tiny. The other 75 reds are still standing up. I have 100 candy onions that are bulbing nicely.

No deer this far into town. Most likely culprit is a neighbors cat with red fox coming in second.

Thornless blackberries are nice! They are long canes like raspberries but fruit on second year canes while raspberries on first year. I should see fruit by the end of the month. I plan to freeze it this year. I want to make blackberry jam but likely won't have enough.

100% Jealous the ones here are savage they will mess you up!
It is like picking berries on a pissed cat. :gig
We have thorn covered black raspberry bushes that run wild here. Oddly enough our first family dog used to pick them herself. Only the ripe ones too. Don't know how she did it without losing an eye but she loved black raspberries!

Back
Top Bottom