In your first set of birds without an established pecking order, how did you identify your top hen? What behaviors made that apparent?
I really wish to respond to this but I'm very tired and about to turn in. Is there anyway you could ask again on Friday so I can write a detailed response for you? This is one of my favorite topics.

Unfirtunately,there’s still no sign of Lilly.it’s nearly bedtime.I don’t know what to do🤦🏻‍♀️.ive been panicking since evening.idk what’ll happen I’ll keep u guys updated.poor Era.anyways thanks everyone for comforting me.I’ll try my best to do whatever it takes to find Lilly in the garden.My garden is enormous and it’s really hard to find her.thanks again for comforting me.
I'm so very sorry that you did not find her today. :hugs :hugs

Now you know chicken breeds, especially from the USA and the UK are not my strong point but I don't think Henry The Second and his misses are legbars.
What I think they are is Light Sussex.
I'm still working on the others but a couple of the grey hens have Marans in them.
Don't know about the Ex Batts; Red Sex Links of some description possibly.
I agree with the Ex Bats being Red Sex Links bit I still think you have a creme legbar in there. It looks remarkably like the road runners and Flash. Right @micstrachan and @RoyalChick ?

How funny that I came up in conversation!

Chickadee is doing well and still lives in my backyard! She is very friendly, but does NOT let me hold or pet her. She will stand next to me and is okay with me handling her baby chicks, but has never been one for affection of any sort. Last month, Chickadee surprised me and she actually let me pet her! This was such a special moment for me and one that I will always hold close to my heart! :love

View attachment 2849942

You can see just how tiny she is in this photo!
I am enchanted by the wild chickens! I must get to Hawaii one day and see them for myself.

Hey Everyone. It's been a while since I've last been here 😆 I'm slowly getting caught up with everyones posts.

Do y'all remember the two chicks I rescued? The first in May and the second in July? They're all grown up now!

Kiko (Rescued in May)
View attachment 2849668

Gizmo (Rescued in July)
View attachment 2849672

Kiko & Gizmo
View attachment 2849670

Clearly Gizmo is a rooster. He started crowing a few weeks ago and makes a GREAT alarm clock! 🤣

Okay, going to continue catching up on this thread!
Wow! They grew up to be awesome! 😍

Back
Top Bottom