Kitty toes! :love But not a standard size I'm afraid...
Yup now I'm afraid of the snap-ons. But it makes sense to me that having some way to differentiate would actually speed up noticing & remembering how they are different. Knowing it's the same bird doing X or Y. Because of how my brain works, I can more easily remember something I see if I can place it in a context...plus I'm getting old....er...
Ok, I have a cute post response for this, with a FBFriday contribution even... and my Internet is sucking... to the tune of no photos, not even if I make them small and grainy... anyways Purple and I both say, don’t necessarily be afraid of using snap bands. She says she wore one with no discomfort and only some slight upset when the foodbringer needed to take it off (with the help of the food bag bringer). Meat birds are very food focused so a couple mealie worms made up for it quickly. I just wanted to make sure you got all the pros and cons as I see them, oh, I also ordered the very cheapest thing I could find on Amazon, so I think a lot of the shortcomings I found were primarily quality related. More pictures to come of my Curvy Girls when my internet decided to behave! I have 5 more hours of Fluffy Butt Friday here to post...

Hi MJ! Tell Ivy I said YO!

I love it on the table. That fatty Aurora can't peck me up here. Even better the human will give me special treats when I'm up here. Plus I look great silhouetted against the sky!

View attachment 2427936
You DO look great giiirl!

Oh, don’t feel bad... presenting good books to us is like waving candy in front of children or taking the local drunk out for a few Pints at the pub. The temptations/problems are already there, you’re just ‘directing‘ them a little bit. :lol: If you only knew...

Really. If you knew how hard it is for me to find ANY decent chicken books in the (near) local stick and brick shops... I swear, I went into the local Chapters/Indigo (think North American Barnes and Nobel?) looking for some decent poultry/cattle/sheep books (primarily poultry)... Nothing! Nothing but a couple really, really fluffy, prefab coop type, backyard keeping paperbacks of less than 100 pages. No info on health complications, diet, history on domestication, physiology, never mind chicken “psychology”. Good luck on learning about those awful Roosters too (violent dangerous beasts to be avoided at all cost that they are). Heck, I couldn’t even get anything resembling a veterinary reference book. (Those are on my steal from farm list as soon as I can). Oh, and I scoured our (highly populated, I mean they are like Starbucks in the city here, 2-3 per block) used bookstores too.

So, I started ordering chicken books online. This one never came up. It was hit or miss, some Books were ok, some were very disappointing. Disappointing like the highly rated/recommended book on hatching and brooding chicks; it’s a nice picture book, really it is. So, we are all jumping on your recommendation because there is a dearth of decent literature available on the subject, oh and Covid has us trapped inside and getting bored. Also, most of us already have a little reading problem to begin with (there are worse things to be hooked on, like rock collecting and dungeons and dragons!)

But if you’re really, really feeling bad about it... You could always offer to organize a book club thread for us on it? Seeing as you’re already familiar with the material! Nudge, nudge, Lol.
What we are all saying, in our own, and sometimes slightly sarcastic (me), way is:
THANK YOU, so Much!!! We really can’t wait to read it! Oh, and when is your book going to be available? ;)
He should know better. :lau He's been caught in the cross fire on my thread several times when all the book nerds get going @ once! :gig I just hadn't even bought a chicken book yet because I couldn't find one that seemed to cover everything I wanted covered & Shad just will not pull his finger out! :p

I didn't think it was possible for anyone to own more books than I do ~ but you just might have me beat, Kris.

And if we really are having an online book club please be advised my copy won't be here till mid February & I do want to be included!

Exactly. How? What do you say? I would need to build a little couch too!
I can just see her on a little couch with you on a chair next to her with a note pad and pen.

ByBob: " Bak awk babook book book?"
Aurora: "Book Book book book! bawk awk!!"
ByBob: " Bak aaawk took took book?"
Aurora: "Took took book? Bok bok bok araaaawrk!!!"
ByBob: "Well! No need to get personal...!"

This is a very late reply because I have been putting it off. First, I want to thank @BY Bob for the kind words! Second, and this is why I have been putting it off, I need to clarify that the "she" and "her" need to be changed to "he" and "his." I've been inwardly chuckling about this, but in the end I knew I had to set the record straight. Maybe if my tagline didn't say "Songster", but rather something more manly like "It's too cold here!".....:gig:lau:lol:

So anyway, thanks Bob! I love your thread!
You'll always be a "she" to me goldenfingers. 🥰

I have a shocking memory. :oops:

I am an addict. I admit it. And have very little intention of ever giving up my habit.

As to the hardback, I agree completely! If the difference had been anywhere under double I would have gone for it (solely because of the high recommendation). Most of our Fiction collection is Paperbacks now. And we are doubling it up slowly on Kindle and Kobo because of our current living conditions. Once the house is built and I can start putting bookshelves into the library I will be SO happy! We had to make a custody arrangement with our roomate for some of the books when we moved here... “ok, you should take this series and that series, but we will take these two? Ok, how about I throw in this one too? Deal? Deal!” That’s what you get with three voracious readers with similar tastes in the same house for over seven years (the movies were way easier to sort out) :lol: We had 12 of these bookshelves total. Fully Loaded, and in some cases double stacked with the paperbacks... we literally ran out of wall space in our house for shelves. I was trying to figure out how to extend them up to the ceiling before we decided to move to the farm.View attachment 2427407
Yes, DH’s LEGO got a good portion of one bookshelf, but we also had them in the dining room, both our bedrooms (nothing like having to raid your roommates dresser for the next book in your series, I’ll just step over this laundry, it’s ok... really), and there were still some boxes of books in the garage storage that we never managed to unpack. The real estate agent strongly suggested we back up all the overflow books prior to the listing. I‘ve given my mother Heck every time she has moved without me for Donating books I didn’t want to part with. Especially the entire Pern series in Hardcover, and some of the sci-fi classics.
Oh no not the Pern series! And in hardback! :rant

My paperbacks are all falling apart a bit. Just out of interest do you remember what cover artist you had on them? I can tell that you are one of my people. ☺🤗

Oh, don’t feel bad... presenting good books to us is like waving candy in front of children or taking the local drunk out for a few Pints at the pub. The temptations/problems are already there, you’re just ‘directing‘ them a little bit. :lol: If you only knew...

Really. If you knew how hard it is for me to find ANY decent chicken books in the (near) local stick and brick shops... I swear, I went into the local Chapters/Indigo (think North American Barnes and Nobel?) looking for some decent poultry/cattle/sheep books (primarily poultry)... Nothing! Nothing but a couple really, really fluffy, prefab coop type, backyard keeping paperbacks of less than 100 pages. No info on health complications, diet, history on domestication, physiology, never mind chicken “psychology”. Good luck on learning about those awful Roosters too (violent dangerous beasts to be avoided at all cost that they are). Heck, I couldn’t even get anything resembling a veterinary reference book. (Those are on my steal from farm list as soon as I can). Oh, and I scoured our (highly populated, I mean they are like Starbucks in the city here, 2-3 per block) used bookstores too.

So, I started ordering chicken books online. This one never came up. It was hit or miss, some Books were ok, some were very disappointing. Disappointing like the highly rated/recommended book on hatching and brooding chicks; it’s a nice picture book, really it is. So, we are all jumping on your recommendation because there is a dearth of decent literature available on the subject, oh and Covid has us trapped inside and getting bored. Also, most of us already have a little reading problem to begin with (there are worse things to be hooked on, like rock collecting and dungeons and dragons!)

But if you’re really, really feeling bad about it... You could always offer to organize a book club thread for us on it? Seeing as you’re already familiar with the material! Nudge, nudge, Lol.
What we are all saying, in our own, and sometimes slightly sarcastic (me), way is:
THANK YOU, so Much!!! We really can’t wait to read it! Oh, and when is your book going to be available? ;)
Exactly. That's it in a (large ;)) nutshell Kris.

Also, to add to Kris' plea, thank you for the recommendation @Shadrach and when can we get a copy of your book please? :D

Listen peeps, I can't just order up a new "tribe"of chickens, here in Central Cal. And it's actually very hard to replace ones I have hatched from their eggs- to me now.
FAA won't even let me fly some back from MurrayMcMurray due to the avian quarantine in CA. So I just need you all to pray for my Canna's survival. Thank you.
Get well soon Canna! I'm rooting for you!
Hugs Alex :hugs

Back
Top Bottom