How about liver? I think that is something @micstrachan recommends. What else should she try Michelle? You just went through the worst with Esther.
Yes, cooked beef liver is a wonderful iron and protein boost. As far as what to offer, anything with lots of protein is good.... in addition to the liver, unsalted sardines or tunafish, canned cat food (in moderation), sunflower seeds (also in moderation, due to high fat content). If she is starving herself, I would offer damp feed, soupy baby bird formula (this saved Millie last year), sprouted wheat berries, unsalted canned corn, alfalfa sprouts, fresh blueberries... really ANYTHING that will keep her eating. If it gets to the point that she simply won’t eat or drink and is getting weak, I can help you with that. Does it seem like she is headed in that direction? Most of my birds drop weight during molt, but only twice have I seen them get themselves into trouble (Millie last year and Ester this year.)

Last edited:
It's Monday here so here's my contribution to Mugs Monday:
two for the price of one!
20210214_181043.jpg

It is Time to Go Back

Yes everyone, it is time to enter the Wayback Machine. Mr. Peabody, let's set the Wayback Machine for February 2019.

Jabber convinced Hattie that it would be a good idea to roost up on some chair legs, the chairs had been knocked over in a storm, so that he could stare me down at the coffee pot.
View attachment 2529540

The only problem now was that they needed to get down once I left the coffee pot.
View attachment 2529543

There was really only 1 way.

View attachment 2529544View attachment 2529545

Mr bluebird was impressed, "That was almost as good as a real bird". 👍👍
View attachment 2529547

Miss Lilly was not, "What an idiot! Taking her up there like that. She could have broken a leg. Does he not realize she is dual-purpose! She is not svelte like me. I can think of a dual purpose for that goober!" View attachment 2529546

Well that was fun Mr. Peabody. Why don't we go back further. Let's set the Wayback Machine for February of 2018.

How about a Vintage Video!? Here is the Big 3 enjoying what? Why spaghetti of course!

Also spotted back then, the rare snowback Maran! Just look at the beautiful sheen in those feathers!
View attachment 2529558

And her friends!
View attachment 2529560

Well Mr. Peabody, this has all been fun but there is one momentous event which we must go see. Please set the Wayback Machine for February 2020.

We met some new friends for the first time on February 9, 2020.

Here they are in the car on the way home.

View attachment 2529567

Might as well sit down and enjoy the ride!

View attachment 2529570

Phyllis meets Mrs BY Bob.

View attachment 2529571

On their roost in their new home.

View attachment 2529574

Emerging that first morning.

View attachment 2529576
View attachment 2529578View attachment 2529579

Into the big run!

View attachment 2529581

Well Mr. Peabody, that's all we have for today. It's time to head back home! Set the Wayback Machine for 2021!
Thank you, Mr. Peabody! I especially like the photos of Jabber and Hatty jumping down!

I have been disowned by my big birds! They won’t hang with me, I think they are angry, that I spend too much time with the littles.:th:barnie :smack:oops:
Balance in life is important. Sounds like you have some relationships to repair. Best get at it.

Not my cup of tea... DH walked into work today... he made a run at the drift with the tracker first and then this afternoon BIL showed up and wrecked most of my little walking paths with the tractor. I cope with the dreaded white stuff by following consistent paths through it and slowly crunching it down until it begins to melt and get icy, then I move over and crunch a new path next to the old one. By following the lay of the land and avoiding the drifts this works very well. Until someone “plows” and gets the tractor stuck and does some donuts to get it out. I don’t want to know what he’s done to the roads!
D2042F61-D943-4829-81AF-300F0D361052.jpeg
D5E82A47-DBEC-42F9-9148-D1AF55BDD54C.jpeg
6713E63C-5897-45E5-8A5B-B393321230B8.jpeg

Not my cup of tea... DH walked into work today... he made a run at the drift with the tracker first and then this afternoon BIL showed up and wrecked most of my little walking paths with the tractor. I cope with the dreaded white stuff by following consistent paths through it and slowly crunching it down until it begins to melt and get icy, then I move over and crunch a new path next to the old one. By following the lay of the land and avoiding the drifts this works very well. Until someone “plows” and gets the tractor stuck and does some donuts to get it out. I don’t want to know what he’s done to the roads!View attachment 2530319View attachment 2530320View attachment 2530322
That is a lot of snow. I hope it melts fast for you. It takes a while unless you get rain on top of it.

Back
Top Bottom