It's a start. šŸ˜
Hmmmm... I'll look through the back catalogue. Surely a blast from the past will settle the debt.

attachments-2.jpg

They never shut up. Happy or upset. Peep peep peep peep peep peep peep Peep peep peep peep peep peep peep Peep peep peep peep peep peep peep Peep peep peep peep peep peep peep Peep peep peep peep peep peep peep

They were like that in my office.
That's the one reason I was so happy when mine we little to move them outside. Of course mine were in the bathroom adjoining my bedroom.

Happy Hatch Day, Phyllis, And Many Happy Returns of the Day!
I particularly love the pics where her eyes and face are well lit, I feel I was meeting her almost for the first time, I've not seen her expression very much before (except through her body language). šŸ„° šŸ˜:love

Guess Who did not want to Roost in The Hut Tonight

First, they tried the porch. To be honest, they tried to porch last night and another night a few days ago.

View attachment 2875157

So I shooed them into the coop. Here is the video of what transpired.

They wound up roosting where their food container will eventually go. Right by the door and the heater.

View attachment 2875160

Tomorrow I will move the low roost out of Phyllis' range for them.

All in all I am taking this as a victory. We are that much closer to unity.

Phyllis originally roosted in the main coop tonight. When Lilly tossed her off the high roost she went into the big run to snack. Then I watched her trying to figure out how to jump up through the glass door to get into the Cluckle Hut. I called her named and patted the porch a few times. She came over, hopped up and in she went. šŸ„°
That is sounding very positive, Bob. And Phyllis wasn't being overly mean. All in all pretty good I think. :hugs

That's the one reason I was so happy when mine we little to move them outside. Of course mine were in the bathroom adjoining my bedroom.
Mine were in that arrangement too. Plus the other half of the bed room is my day gig and music gig work room, so they were audible all the time, except when they napped, or at night when they slept. They could see me and I them too. The rhythm of the chickens is a wonderful thing to hear. Gentle taps and light peeps when they woke up in the early morning, vigorous hammering on some speck of the cardboard they all felt the need to discuss and take a whack at, daytime foraging, scratching and jump-flying. Loud peeping, soft peeping, excited peeping, contented peeping. I'm Fly-Jumping Off This High Perch Now peeping, and Hey Don't Land On Me screech-peeping. I so felt the loss when I moved them out to the coop.

Guess Who did not want to Roost in The Hut Tonight

First, they tried the porch. To be honest, they tried to porch last night and another night a few days ago.

View attachment 2875157

So I shooed them into the coop. Here is the video of what transpired.

They wound up roosting where their food container will eventually go. Right by the door and the heater.

View attachment 2875160

Tomorrow I will move the low roost out of Phyllis' range for them.

All in all I am taking this as a victory. We are that much closer to unity.

Phyllis originally roosted in the main coop tonight. When Lilly tossed her off the high roost she went into the big run to snack. Then I watched her trying to figure out how to jump up through the glass door to get into the Cluckle Hut. I called her named and patted the porch a few times. She came over, hopped up and in she went. šŸ„°
Aww, those pitiful cries just tugged at my heart stringsšŸ„ŗ. They were so unhappy at not being able to roost.

I do think lowering their roost so Phyllis can't reach them will help. Then they will probably need a couple of nights of realizing they are 'safe' on that roost to put themselves to bed again.

Back
Top Bottom